The B’nai B’rith Camp Teen Foundation Request for Proposals
This summer, utilizing curriculum from the Jewish Teen Funders Network, B’nai B’rith Camp teens will be participating in a group process of learning about giving, non-profit organizations, and functioning as a foundation board to review grant requests, conduct on-site visits, and award modest grants.
The B’nai B’rith Camp Teen Foundation, with the support of the Oregon Jewish Community Foundation- Community Fund, announces the availability of grant funds to support projects directly related to youth education, youth recreation, community development, and critical needs.
To be considered for a grant, your organization:
- Must be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Must be based and serve communities in the:
- Lincoln City area, or
- Oregon Jewish communities
- Should be aligned with our funding priorities of youth education, youth recreation, community development, and critical needs.
The following organizations are not eligible for funding:
- Organizations that deny service to a potential client or beneficiary on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran, or disability status
- Individuals, including those seeking scholarships or fellowship assistance
- Political, labor, fraternal organizations, or civic clubs
- Travel-related events, including student trips or tours
Grant requests for up to $2,000 will be considered. The teen foundation may choose to conduct a site visit to your organization for further due diligence. Site visits will be scheduled for July 17 August 10, 2017. Please download and complete the proposal linked here (click to download form) , keeping in mind that it will be considered by high school students. It should take no longer than 20 minutes to complete. By filling out this RFP you are playing a role in the education of the next generation of funders.
Proposals are due by July 7, 2017; please send your completed proposal to Michelle Koplan, Executive Director, at email@example.com.